Alexander Wang does what he does best with the Jane Shoulder Bag.
Critics might accuse this bag of simply being more of the same, but I appreciate the way it fits with Wang's creative vision. The New York designer does his best work when he's celebrating the casual coolness of his urban backyard. We've seen him stepping outside that box now and again, and the results are never quite as pleasing.
The Jane sees Wang back in his zone, playing with motorcycle cool black leather and eye-popping silver hardware. The lambskin is sumptuously soft, so it provides a brilliant balance to the heavy metal. I love the Jane's biker chic appearance and appreciate that Wang doesn't stoop to clichés to achieve it. Without studs or grommets, the designer's ensured this shoulder bag will defy the trends.
Its aesthetics have a practical purpose too. All that hardware comes from the zips securing its pockets and main compartment and the dog clips that support its shoulder strap. There really is a place for everything, and just the right amount of space for a day in the big smoke.
The Jane's cool urban vibe should suit modern city slickers and anyone inspiring to live that life. At $760 we probably can't call it a bargain, but it's a good entry-level designer purse.
More Features of This Alexander Wang Lambskin Shoulder Bag
- A zip accented handle with a 10.5 inch drop
- Measures 14.75 x 9.5 x 7.25 inches
Get this Alexander Wang Jane Handbag:
- Available to buy at Alexander Wang
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Pigggybank eBay store to see if this Alexander Wang bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Alexander Wang bags on BagBunch
- The Alexander Wang Donna hobo bag, a great alternative to this practical black bag.
- Searching for more Alexander Wang bags on eBay