In recent years we've seen the Whiting & Davis label transform from vintage inspired mesh lover to contemporary metal head. I've been excited by the way the fashion house has taken metal mesh into the 21st century, but with the Crystals Clusters clutch I wonder whether it's gone a step too far.
The rolled metal mesh body is classic, an anchor point for the contemporary center detail. Chunky Swarovski crystals dot the crackled metallic leather insert. I can't fault the quality of the materials, but the way it's all put together seems tacky somehow. I think Whiting & Davis was shooting for rebellious attitude, but it instead seems a bit desperate.
It's a shame, because the Crystal Clusters is a pretty well designed bag. While it's slender, its long dimensions afford us a bit more storage space than the average clutch. The slip pocket provides a handy place for stashing receipts and dollar bills, and the drop-in chain is ready to help you go hands-free once the drinks trays come around.
Perhaps a Katy Perry or Pink type could pull this purse off, but I think I'll stick to Whiting & Davis' more classic looks.
More Features of This Whiting & Davis Metal Mesh Clutch
- Hidden magnet closure under flap
- Signature polyester logo lining
- A drop-in chain with a 10 inch drop
- Measures 1.8 x 10 x 3.7 inches
Get this Whiting & Davis Crystal Clusters Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Whiting & Davis bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Whiting & Davis bags on BagBunch
- The Whiting & Davis Crystal clutch bag, a great alternative to this mesh bag.
- Searching for more Whiting & Davis bags on eBay