Valentino has long embraced its feminine side, but that tends to come from soft pastels and delicate rosettes. Those accents are lovely, but it was starting to feel the label might be in a bit of a rut. So I'm glad to see it having a bit more fun with this Lacca Bow Dome Bag.
The Lacca is still feminine, but it's got more sass than many of the fashion house's creations. The oversized bow is flirty and fun, and the red patent leather finish is incredibly sexy. However I'm not sure the patent was the best material to use here. It looks gorgeous when it's smooth, but at the gathers it falls awkwardly. Calfskin leather or goatskin probably would have looked a bit richer, although these soft skins might not have made such bold impressions.
The Lacca isn't the most practical bag on the market, but it gets the job done. Its handles have the right retro look, but they're not easily manageable when the bag's full. Valentino offers a removable cross-body strap, but the Lacca doesn't look quite as smart when it's attached.
The Lacca's a nice bag, but it doesn't wow me as any accessory worth $1295 should. It makes a strong style statement, but it doesn't have the substance to support it.
More Features of This Valentino Bow Satchel
- Top zip closure
- A zip pocket and two open pouches inside
- Cotton lined interior
- Protective feet on the base
- Dual handles with a 5.25 inch drop
- A removable strap with a 15 inch drop
- Measures 12.75 x 9.5 x 4.5 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Valentino Lacca Bow Dome Handbag:
- Available to buy at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Check the Love Couture Inc. eBay store to see if this Valentino bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Valentino bags on BagBunch
- The Valentino Aphrodite bag, a great alternative to this bow bag.
- Searching for more Valentino bags on eBay
- Other Valentino Lacca bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.