Tory Burch gets us ready for summer with this striped Channing Tote.
Tory Burch doesn't reinvent the wheel here, but she's got all the classic elements needed to make a great summer tote. She's opted for canvas rather than her usual leather, which makes it very hardy and lightweight. Brown leather accents help dress up the striped fabric body.
I wish Tory Burch had used more of that leather on the handles, rather than the thick rope she's employed though. The natural fiber enhances the Channing's nautical vibe, but it feels harsh on bare hands. And as the handles are so short, holding them in our palms is really our only option. That's disappointing for a bag so large, as it could get weighty if we take advantage of all that space.
At least Tory Burch has equipped the Channing with a few functional features. All too often canvas totes are minimalist to the point of being unmanageable, but not this one. With a pair of slip pockets and a zippered pouch, we should be able to keep our items in order whether we're on the beach or pounding the pavement.
Practical features aren't enough to justify the Channing's ridiculous price though. Designers really have no business charging any more than $100 for canvas purses. At $250, it seems we're paying for Tory Burch's name rather than her tote.
More Features of This Tory Burch Striped Tote
- Magnetic snap closure
- Chain links at the base of straps
- Khaki fabric lining
- Measures 15 x 13 x 6 inches
Get this Tory Burch Channing Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the OutletCouture eBay store to see if this Tory Burch bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Tory Burch bags on BagBunch
- The white Tory Burch bag, a great alternative to this navy bag.
- Searching for more Tory Burch bags on eBay