Kate Spade reinvents the classic quilted flap bag for the space age with her Gold Coast Evangeline shoulder bag.
This purse takes its cues from the classic designs of Chanel, with its turn-lock clasp, front flap, quilting and chain handle. But Kate Spade has tweaked a few of these elements to give her purse individuality and edge. The pyramid turn-lock is stunning, and I love the point of difference that the vertical quilting brings. The metallic finish is the cherry on top. The platinum is a little too glitzy for my taste, as I think it makes the leather body appear a bit cheap. However, I appreciate its uniqueness. You won't find a Chanel purse with such shine after all!
The Gold Coast Evangeline's slender design makes it look very chic, but it does limit storage space a bit. You won't be carrying fat novels inside it, but with some careful packing it should hold everything you really need it to. And with its leather reinforced pockets, it'll keep those essentials organized too.
I'm not sure Kate Spade has improved on the classics with the Gold Coast Evangeline, but if you love glitz I'm sure you'll appreciate Kate Spade's design vision.
More Features of This Kate Spade Metallic Shoulder Bag
- Metallic dot lining
- Dual chain handles with a 9 inch drop
- Measures 9 x 11 x 2 inches
- Made in China
Get this Kate Spade Gold Coast Evangeline Handbag:
- Available to buy at Endless
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Consignyourstuffwithruth eBay store to see if this Kate Spade bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Kate Spade bags on BagBunch
- The shimmer Kate Spade Gold Coast Evangeline bag, a great alternative to this metallic bag.
- Searching for more Kate Spade bags on eBay