Despite the hopes of many discerning fashionistas, it seems the taste for 80s style isn't going anywhere. I say you can close your eyes to the cacophony of color, or you can embrace it. As I admire this J. Furmani satin evening bag, I'm beginning to think the latter is a better option!
When I first saw this purse I could easily imagine it being blown up and worn as a skirt. In fact, I'm sure I wore a skirt just like it many moons ago. Today though such a bold fashion statement might be taking the 80s trend too far. Carrying a much smaller, purse sized alternative seems like a much safer option.
Not that any accessory in such a sugary shade of pink could ever really be considered safe. The asymmetrical bottom with its soft ruffles is also far from tame, but I love the way it combines with the layered pleats on top.
I hope the looks draw you in, because the interior is pretty basic. It's quite small, although large enough to accommodate the optional chain strap. If you think that will make the bag too cluttered don't worry; it's easily removable so you can leave it at home.
Our love of retro fashions won't be around forever, but at $25 this purse is an affordable way to enjoy the trend while it lasts.
More Features of This J. Furmani Retro Clutch
- Zip top closure
- An interior slide pocket
- An optional chain strap with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 0.2 x 8 x 5 inches
Get this J. Furmani Satin Evening Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this J. Furmani bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More J. Furmani bags on BagBunch
- The J. Furmani silk satin clutch bag, a great alternative to this satin bag.
- Searching for more J. Furmani bags on eBay