Polyester twill and silky netting aren't the fabrics that fashion dreams are made of, but Diane von Furstenberg gets the most from these materials with her Silk Road tote.
I really love the way that the soft silky netting and patent leather trim helps to define this Silk Road's structured shape. The red color gives the polyester twill real personality which works well with the tote's retro curves.
I love the way this tote channels the Mad Men era on the outside, but is thoroughly modern inside. It's generously sized, with a zippered interior pocket to complement the one we see up front. The addition of open pockets would have made it easier to locate our cell phones and portable technology, but it would have made the space feel a little more cluttered.
The dual handles are long enough for easy carrying, but their patent leather is also a bit stiff. These straps will soften in time, as all leathers do, but at the moment carrying them isn't so comfortable.
By using relatively inexpensive materials, Diane von Furstenberg's been able to price this Silk Road tote at an affordable $49.95. That should please label lovers and bargain shoppers alike!
More Features of This Diane Von Furstenberg Twill Tote
- Zip top closure
- Fully lined interior
- Flat protective feet on the base
- Dual handles with a 10 inch drop
- Measures 13.25 x 14 x 6.75 inches
Get this Diane von Furstenberg Silk Road Handbag:
- Available to buy at Zappos Couture
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Philenmart eBay store to see if this Diane von Furstenberg bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Diane von Furstenberg bags on BagBunch
- The MICHAEL Michael Kors Knox satchel bag, a great alternative to this retro red bag.
- Searching for more Diane von Furstenberg bags on eBay