It's got a silly name, but this Belly Bag from Bottega Veneta oozes sophisticated style.
The cute moniker perhaps stems from this hobo's softly rounded shape. If we use our imaginations I suppose we could see it like the portly tummy of a jolly old man. However that comparison soon fades as we run our hands over the elegant woven leather finish. Bottega Veneta is a specialist at creating this kind of surface. I suppose critics might accuse the fashion house of staying in a fashion rut, but when it continues to weave leather this lovely that seems unfair. I'd rather have a thousand timeless bags just like this than some more trend conscious accessories.
I'm getting a little tired of high end designers taking such a minimalist approach to their interiors though. It's almost as if they think that anyone who can afford their purses can also pay for assistants to take care of menial tasks like keeping personal items in order. This handbag certainly won't do it for you. The allure of all that storage space is lost when we're only given a single pocket to keep it organized.
It's the lack of functional features that makes me hesitate to spend $2000 on this hobo. The intricate weaving is certainly worth the money, but the bag's functional limitations are hard to ignore.
More Features of This Bottega Veneta Woven Hobo
- Made of lambskin
- Top zip closure
- A single handle with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 10 x 17 x 2 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Bottega Veneta Belly Handbag:
- Available to buy at Neiman Marcus
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Shopluxuria eBay store to see if this Bottega Veneta bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Bottega Veneta bags on BagBunch
- The Bottega Veneta Veneta Intrecciato Leather Bag, a great alternative to this woven bag.
- Searching for more Bottega Veneta bags on eBay