For years we've seen designers using whipstitching to spice up their handles, but recently Big Buddha has decided to shake things up a bit. With bags like the Carrie and Kaitlyn we've seen the label use chain and whipstitching to decorate the body. And with the Zion, the contemporary brand steps things up a notch.
With the Zion, Big Buddha has done away with the chains, leaving the whipstitching to do all the talking. And talk it does, with gently curved lines creating a sort of sunset pattern. Personally I prefer this to the chain decorated stitching, as it's a bit softer and more timeless. The stitching is complemented by a gently ombre effect. It's more pronounced in some of the other color combinations, but I love the subtlety of this blue bag.
But as I so often gripe about when it comes to Big Buddha, the decorations are restricted to the front. The back has just a zippered pocket; it's practical but also pretty boring.
Big Buddha does its best to make amends with a functionally designed interior. It's luxuriously large, but the multiple compartments and array of slip and zip pockets makes it feel manageable. These are trimmed in leather to ensure they'll last for as long as you want to carry it.
Big Buddha's cut a few corners when it comes to the materials and details, but it also doesn't charge a fortune for the Zion. At $94.95 it's a fashionable and affordable addition to any wardrobe.
More Features of This Big Buddha Whipstitched Tote
- Polyester lining
- Magnetic closure
- A thick handle with a 10.5 inch drop
- Measures 11.5 x 19 x 8 inches
- Made in China
Get this Big Buddha Zion Handbag:
- Available to buy at Endless (limited stock in some colors)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Shop Savoy Truffle eBay store to see if this Big Buddha bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Big Buddha bags on BagBunch
- The Big Buddha Kaitlyn shoulder bag, a great alternative to this whipstitched bag.
- Searching for more Big Buddha bags on eBay