When I spotted this Big Buddha hobo, I was struck by a sense of déjà vu. I double-checked and triple-checked, but there was no record of us talking about it here. Unfortunately it's just like so many Big Buddha hobos that have gone before.
Sticking to a creative vision isn't always a bad thing, but when you adhere so closely to a formula you do risk sacrificing creativity entirely. This Sadie could very well be the brand's Allie bag, just in a less compact format. And sadly while the Allie has a sexy streamlined shape, the Sadie doesn't have such a stylish silhouette.
The more freeform shape does offer us more storage room, but on a bag this size I'd be willing to sacrifice some of that space for a more elegant look. If Big Buddha had allowed us to button down the sides or cinch them in when the bag wasn't full, the Sadie would be much more sophisticated.
Not that it's a complete fashion disaster. I really like that cheery blue shade, which might be just the thing for fighting those inevitable wintery gray moods. I also really like the trim, which combines pinked stitches and tiny perforations for a fun, vintage feel.
Customers are also torn about the quality of the bag. While many are thrilled with their purchase, a worrying number complain of pervasive smells, shoddy workmanship, and poor customer service from Big Buddha. At $85 this hobo offers us a lot of bag for our dollar, but with the quality dubious I'd still hesitate.
More Features of This Big Buddha Synthetic Hobo
- Magnetic snap closure
- Fabric lined interior
- Central zippered compartment inside
- An interior wall zip pocket, slide pocket, and cell phone pocket
- Dual handles with a 6 inch drop
- Measures 4 x 11 x 18 inches
Get this Big Buddha Sadie Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Mia's 3 Boutique eBay store to see if this Big Buddha bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Big Buddha bags on BagBunch
- The Big Buddha Allie bag, a great alternative to this patchwork bag.
- Searching for more Big Buddha bags on eBay