Once upon a time I thought I knew American West. Its handbags were inspired by the Western frontier, embellished with hand-tooled details and rendered in earthy tones. But then somewhere along the way things changed. The result is accessories like this Crystal Canyons shoulder bag.
Its zebra printed panels are paired with a crystal and stud decorated base. While the colors are kept neutral the clashing details still seem a bit too much. Young girls might appreciate the accents, but a more minimalist approach would have appeared much more sophisticated.
At least we can always rely on American West for practicality. This is a mid-sized shoulder bag, with the right amount of space for what you need. It doesn't take much to keep a space like this organized, so I'm impressed to see a large zippered pocket and selection of multifunctional slips. A long zip across the top helps keep your essential items just where you left them.
I always felt American West was a bit stuck in the past, but I'm not sure it's new approach is gelling yet. It needs time to find its feet as a contemporary fashion label. I'd give this Crystal Canyons bag a miss, but it shows the potential of what it could achieve in future seasons.
More Features of This American West Zebra Print Shoulder Bag
- Fully lined interior
- A platform base with protective feet
- An adjustable shoulder strap with a 12 inch drop
- Measures 11 x 3.5 x 6.5 inches
Get this American West Crystal Canyons Handbag:
- Available to buy at Zappos
- Check the Top Rocky Mountain Seller eBay store to see if this American West bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More American West bags on BagBunch
- The Jimmy Choo Scarlet bag, a great alternative to this zebra bag.
- Searching for more American West bags on eBay
- Other American West Crystal Canyons bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.