Alla Leather Art takes a walk on the wilder side with this Empire shoulder bag.
Ordinarily this fashion house deals with smooth buttery matte leathers. However this time around it's given its skin a luxurious snake print. It does a good job mimicking the serpent, but I'm left feeling unfulfilled. The glossy treatment of the leather makes it a little hard and unforgiving. We especially notice its flaws around the drawstring, where the skin puckers awkwardly. The label's greatest strength has always been its high quality plush leather, and the one used here just doesn't meet the mark.
Without the leather to fawn over I'm left looking for something else to inspire me. The exotic embossing isn't bad, but it's nothing special in the fashion world. The chocolate brown handles should feel good on our shoulder, but their color doesn't flatter the bag's red wine body. It's spacious enough with a good array of pockets, but so what? I've seen all that before, and often on bags with more impressive exteriors.
In taking the path so well traveled by other labels, Alla Leather Art has forgotten about what makes it special. It's created some gorgeous accessories over the years, but the Empire isn't one of them.
More Features of This Alla Leather Art Snake Embossed Shoulder Bag
- Black nickel hardware
- Hidden magnetic closure
- Dual handles with a 13 inch drop
- An adjustable leather cross-body strap
- Measures 7 x 14.5 x 10.5 inches
Get this Alla Leather Art Empire Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Alla Leather Art bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Alla Leather Art bags on BagBunch
- The large Alla Leather Art Empire bag, a great alternative to this small bag.
- Searching for more Alla Leather Art bags on eBay