As if metal mesh wasn't already retro enough, Whiting & Davis treats us to a bit of 70s color with this Opposing Stripes clutch.
This is a discolicious purse with its wide stripes and bold metallic colors. I really like the way the envelope flap mimics the chevron stripes decorating it, just as the vertical stripes match the body's basic box shape. I enjoy what's happening up front so much that the more basic black back is a bit of a letdown. I'd love to see more color here, but it's not to be. Just make sure you note how you're carrying it before you step out.
We get a couple of choices in that department, which is always welcome. Metal mesh feels heavenly in our hands, but no one enjoys carrying a clutch that way all night. Whiting & Davis also gives us a chain strap to use once the evening wears on. This is detachable too, so it needn't clutter up your handbag when it's not in use.
$170 is a little more than I like spending on a clutch, but I think this one is worth the splurge. Its modern style and spacious interior could easily work during the daylight hours too, so we'll likely get our money's worth.
More Features of This Whiting & Davis Metal Mesh Envelope Clutch
- Zip closure
- An interior slide pocket
- Black signature polyester lining
- A detachable chain strap with a 12 inch drop
- Measures 0.5 x 10.2 x 6.5 inches
Get this Whiting & Davis Opposing Stripes Metal Mesh Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Whiting & Davis bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Whiting & Davis bags on BagBunch
- The Whiting & Davis Opposing Stripes cross-body bag, a great alternative to this clutch bag.
- Searching for more Whiting & Davis bags on eBay
- Other Whiting & Davis Opposing Stripes bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.