Whiting & Davis walks on the wild side with this bold Gatopardo cross-body bag.
The Gatopardo features the label's signature metal mesh, but its animal print gives it a more modern feel. Animal prints are classic, but I'm not always a fan. Done wrong they can look downright trashy. But Whiting & Davis gets it right here. The spots have an abstract quality, almost like they've been melted, which makes them more edgy and interesting.
The Gatopardo isn't entirely a success though. The fringing along the bottom seems frankly unnecessary. The design would have looked much cleaner and more compelling without it. Remember Whiting & Davis, less is so often more.
The dimensions are just right; we can fit everything we really need inside it but we're not tempted to load ourselves up. The choice of carrying options is also impressive. We can use it like a clutch or attach the strap, which works for over the shoulder wear or cross-body carrying once it's extended. The only disappointment is the lack of pockets. The single slip is probably all it takes to stay organized, but I still feel shortchanged.
It's hard to get too critical for the price though. $135 isn't a lot to spend on a purse with so much sass.
More Features of This Whiting & Davis Animal Print Cross-Body Bag
- Zip closure under flap
- Logo printed polyester lining
- A detachable twisted link chain with a 12 to 25 inch drop
- Measures 8.5 x 6.5 inches
Get this Whiting & Davis Gatopardo Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Whiting & Davis bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Whiting & Davis bags on BagBunch
- The Whiting & Davis Gatopardo clutch bag, a great alternative to this cross-body bag.
- Searching for more Whiting & Davis bags on eBay
- Other Whiting & Davis Gatopardo bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.