Steve Madden reminds us what can happen when a cheap handbag goes bad with this Maya tote.
The Maya tries very hard to appeal to bagistas. Its design takes its cues from Hermes, although it's a far cry from any Birkin bag. Its quilted leopard print panel sounded good in theory, but the execution is off. The too shiny synthetic trim only makes the spotted animal body seem tackier.
The Maya's generous dimensions are impressive, but they're about the only part of the main compartment we can get excited about. The trio of interior pockets goes some way towards keeping the space organized, but I feel like we've seen it all before. The synthetic that trims the pockets is a nice touch, but it's still not enough to woo me.
Frankly the Maya looks like the kind of accessory a cougar might carry while she's trying to find a rich young husband. Its $118 price tag is affordable, but I can think of plenty of better ways to spend that sort of cash.
More Features of This Steve Madden Leopard Print Tote
- Top zip closure
- Black fabric lining
- Dual rolled handles with an 8 inch drop
- Measures 14 x 4 x 15 inches
Get this Steve Madden Maya Handbag:
- Available to buy at Designer Shoe Warehouse
- Check The Bagtique eBay store to see if this Steve Madden bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Steve Madden bags on BagBunch
- The Hobo International Lola Shoulder bag, a great alternative to this leopard print bag.
- Searching for more Steve Madden bags on eBay
- Other leopard print totes on eBay (see listings below):
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.