Stella McCartney is one of those designers I can't help admiring, despite not always being impressed by her line. Her commitment to cruelty free design is admirable. But just as I invariably crave meat while eating a vegetarian dish, I mostly find myself wishing her materials were just a little more luxurious. Her Alexa is one of those rare accessories that doesn't make me long for leather.
While many of Stella McCartney's vegan alternatives seem cheaper than their price tags would suggest, I've got no such complaints here. The woven body has a retro wicker vibe, which is complimented beautifully by the gently stained brown leatherette. If I didn't know better I'd assume this trim was real leather rather than an admirable copy.
Its quirky half circle shape is another fun throwback to the 70s. This decade's fashions are right back on trend, and the Alexa fits in well with the current retro offerings. I worry that it might date once the fad passes, a worthy consideration considering its hefty $1329 price tag. But I think you'll have a lot of fun wearing this one while it's in vogue. If you can afford the Alexa, then why not indulge?
More Features of This Stella McCartney Woven Shoulder Bag
- Designer stamped golden hardware
- A concealed magnetic press-stud fastening
- A detachable zip-fastening wallet
- An adjustable buckled shoulder strap
- Measures 12.6 x 10.2 x 2.8 inches
Get this Stella McCartney Alexa Handbag:
You may also be interested in:
- More Stella McCartney bags on BagBunch
- The Wailea Wicker Tote bag, a great alternative to this wicker look bag.
- Searching for more Stella McCartney bags on eBay
- Other woven shoulder bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.