Lauren Merkin purses are red carpet favorites, but with the Tatum she's created a clutch that's more rock and roll than Hollywood glamor.
The secret is the patent leather finish, which is given an extra dose of attitude with bold mock croc embossing. The finish isn't likely to fool anybody into thinking you've snared a genuine exotic, but I'm not sure it's meant to. Rather than imitate the real deal, Lauren Merkin creates a cool, modern texture with her scaly skin. We've seen the Tatum's pleated shape before in raffia, but this modern polished finish makes the purse seem like an entirely different breed!
It's certainly not an oversized clutch, but there’s enough space inside for party essentials. Just be sure not to cram in more than the Tatum can easily carry. The thick patent leather is bound to show bumps and bulges if pushed beyond capacity.
This orange Tatum is the most outrageous of the range, but I think it suits the purse's punk-rock personality. Black has the same rock and roll edge, although it's taken down a notch. If this still screams too loud, you might like to opt for the subdued gray clutch.
More Features of This Lauren Merkin Croc Embossed Clutch
- Inside zippered pocket
- Frame closure
- Signature striped shimmer lining
- Measures 13.5 x 7 x 2 inches
- Made in New York City
Get this Lauren Merkin Tatum Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Check the Shop Savoy Truffle eBay store to see if this Lauren Merkin bag in plain leather is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Lauren Merkin bags on BagBunch
- The Lauren Merkin Tatum raffia bag, a great alternative to this patent leather bag.
- Searching for more Lauren Merkin bags on eBay
- Other Lauren Merkin croc bags on eBay: