Lauren Merkin takes a more straight-laced approach than usual with this Blair clutch.
The designer is famous for her gently pleated purses, so it's refreshing to see one with a different finish. The Blair's clean lines make it seem a little more androgynous and sophisticated, less girly girl and more modern woman. I appreciate the approach as it allows the snake-embossed material to shine. Pleating would have muddied the mottled texture; the smoother finish allows us to appreciate those monochromatic scales.
I really like the way the polished gunmetal buckle complements the Blair's gray leather body. Open it up to reveal an interior which is a little larger than the average. I appreciate all that extra storage space, but wish we had a chain strap to help us out. Once it's full the Blair may become unmanageable, particularly as the day wears on.
Exotic finishes like this work well during the day or night, which makes the Blair's $350 price tag seem very reasonable. It’s no bargain, but its wearability should help you see value for your dollars.
More Features of This Lauren Merkin Snake Embossed Clutch
- Fully lined interior
- An interior zip pocket
- Measures 8 x 12 inches
- Made in New York City
Get this Lauren Merkin Blair Handbag:
- Available to buy at ShopBop
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Shop Savoy Truffle eBay store to see if this Lauren Merkin bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Lauren Merkin bags on BagBunch
- The Lauren Merkin Blair Bubble bag, a great alternative to this python bag.
- Searching for more Lauren Merkin bags on eBay