If you've always lusted after Lauren Merkin's clutches but hoped for something a bit bigger, meet the Alice. This has all of the exotic charm of the designer's evening purses with a bit more space.
Embossed reptilian finishes rarely measure up to the genuine article, but I think Lauren Merkin has done the seemingly impossible here. It's controversial to say, but she may have improved on the original. The snake scales are softened by using suede rather than a more traditional leather. This buttery material is the ideal foil for the Alice's gentle brown hue. The effect is so dreamy, and we save ourselves some serious cash. While such a large bag made from real snakeskin would certainly cost four figures, this one is just $425!
The Alice's shape is also really striking. I love what the structured cut-out handles bring to the design, even if they're not entirely practical to use. That's not too much of a concern though as Lauren Merkin has also added a longer strap. This will come in really handy if you've got errands to run or plans to take this bag from day to night.
The elegant styling of the Alice can easily adapt itself to any situation, so I’m sure you'll get your money's worth.
More Features of This Lauren Merkin Snakeskin Print Tote
- Plainweave lined interior
- Hinged frame closure
- Measures 13 x 14.5 x 3.5 inches
- Made in the United States
Get this Lauren Merkin Alice Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the NYCEliteBoutique eBay store to see if this Lauren Merkin bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Lauren Merkin bags on BagBunch
- The Lauren Merkin Astrid tote bag, a great alternative to this snakeprint bag.
- Searching for more Lauren Merkin bags on eBay