Meet Maximillian Maxwell, a friendly owl designed to carry your essentials anywhere you want to go. He's the brainchild of Kate Spade, who gives us a rare glimpse of her whimsical side here.
Fashion snobs may disregard this tote as too juvenile for their tastes, but I can appreciate the quality and craftsmanship here. The owl is crafted from patent leather and suede, so you know it's going to last. The attention to detail here is impressive, from the wide friendly eyes to individual feathers. What a shame the same commitment to the details didn't extend to the back of the bag. After the intricate design of the front, the plain black back is very disappointing.
The tote's front looks like it's all in fun, but the interior is all business. You'll find a zippered pocket in one side wall and pair of slip pouches in the other. A sunken zipper keeps your essential items safe without detracting from the design. Cut-out handles always look fabulous, but they're not the most practical way to carry a tote. If you avoid loading this bag up though, it should be comfortable enough to carry.
$395 seems a high price to pay for a novelty purse, but if Maximillian Maxwell has won you over, his quality might make him worth the splurge.
More Features of This Kate Spade Owl Tote
- Gold-toned hardware
- Orange Noel jacquard silk lined interior
- Dual cut-out handles with a 3 inch drop
- Measures 14 x 14 x 5 inches
Get this Kate Spade Maximillian Maxwell Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Jellybeanmonster eBay store to see if this Kate Spade bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Kate Spade bags on BagBunch
- The Kate Spade owl coin case bag, a great alternative to this tote bag.
- Searching for more Kate Spade bags on eBay