When I fantasize about my ultimate handbags, they're almost always Judith Leiber minaudieres. Their high prices put them out of my reach, but their exquisite crystal covered bodies and expertly rendered details always make me swoon. But perhaps I should reevaluate my stance, because her Ritz Fizz is putting me to sleep.
To be fair, this is probably the most versatile clutch Judith Leiber has ever made. It's not likely to polarize audiences like her animal-shaped minaudieres, and it's so simple that it really could work with anything. However it's lacking the flair that Judith Leiber is known for, that special something that encourages women to become big spenders.
The Ritz Fizz has a silvery satin body, but you'd hardly know it with those clear Australian crystals covering every square inch. It's a lovely effect, but also one we've seen before on many cheaper purses. If you're as worried as I am about crystals coming free you may prefer to carry it using the shoulder chain. It doesn't look quite as elegant this way, but it's always good to have options.
And well we should for the money. At $1995 this is another expensive clutch from Judith Leiber, but sadly it doesn't have the pizzazz that merits such a hefty price tag.
More Features of This Judith Leiber Crystal Covered Clutch
- Magnetic snap closure
- Leather lined interior
- A detachable 19 inch shoulder chain
- Measures 4 x 6.5 x 1.5 inches
- Comes with a protective signature bag
- Made in USA
Get this Judith Leiber Handbag:
- Available to buy at Bergdorf Goodman
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Atelier No.888 eBay store to see if this Judith Leiber bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Judith Leiber bags on BagBunch
- The Whiting & Davis Crystal Pillow bag, a great alternative to this crystal bag.
- Searching for more Judith Leiber bags on eBay