Jessica Simpson might know a thing or two about creating a pop hit, but rap seems a little out of her comfort zone. So it's little surprise that I can't imagine Nicki Minaj or Missy Elliott ever carrying her Rap Star tote.
I honestly can't see any rap inspired details in the Rap Star. I'm sure real rap stars would prefer authentic crocodile accents to the cheap looking embossed details Jessica Simpson's used. The color palette's also a bit dull for any rap star. The earthy hues might work in the wardrobes of regular folk, but any musician would want a look that's a lot more head turning. And where's the bling?
Even if you forget about the Rap Star name, this tote is pretty disappointing. It's a lacklustre affair that doesn't make any sort of definitive style statement. It's a well-designed bag, with plenty of space, pockets, and easy to carry long handles, but all those perks could have come in a more exciting wrapper.
I wouldn't call the Rap Star tote an eyesore, but it's far from Jessica Simpson's strongest design. The best we can say is that it's affordable at $108, but so are most of the other more aesthetically pleasing purses in the Jessica Simpson stable.
More Features of This Jessica Simpson Croc Embossed Tote
- Made of synthetic
- Magnetic snap
- Polyester signature lined interior
- Dual handles with an 11 inch drop
- Measures 6 x 18 x 10.5 inches
Get this Jessica Simpson Rap Star Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Jessica Simpson bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Jessica Simpson bags on BagBunch
- The matte Jessica Simpson Rap Star bag, a great alternative to this colorblocked bag.
- Searching for more Jessica Simpson bags on eBay