Once I found Jeffrey Campbell's brightly colored fringe covered purses quirky and creative. However I'm starting to feel like I've seen it all before.
I wasn't impressed by the combination of burlap and leather on the Hoffman, and I'm similarly unmoved this time around. Yes it's unusual, but so what? Sticking some leather on a potato sack doesn't do either material any favors in my book. And while the flurry of blue fringe makes a statement, I'm still trying to work out exactly what Jeffrey Campbell is trying to say.
Perhaps rather than dwelling on the aesthetics I'm best looking at what comes inside. The Balagia is a spacious bag, although as it's very slender you'll need to pack it carefully to fit all your essentials inside. I appreciate the practical collection of pockets however, and the easy to carry cross-body strap. I can't understand why it's detachable though, as the Balagia seems far too large to carry as a clutch.
I'm starting to tire of Jeffrey Campbell's distinctive accessories. By recycling the same design elements what was once daring is starting to feel tired. The Balagia might appeal to the designer's fans, but I'm craving more ingenuity here.
More Features of This Jeffrey Campbell Burlap Bag
- Contrast lining
- Zip on main closure
- Measures 13 x 14 x 1 inches
Get this Jeffrey Campbell Balagia Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Check the Karmaloop eBay store to see if this Jeffrey Campbell bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Jeffrey Campbell bags on BagBunch
- The Jeffrey Campbell Hoffman bag, a great alternative to this burlap bag.
- Searching for more Jeffrey Campbell bags on eBay
- Other fringed cross-body bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.