A pop of cobalt blue helps make this art deco inspired James clutch from Hype stand out from the crowd.
I really like the James' art deco styling. Its rectangular turn-lock and elegant seaming are a bit of a throwback to the past, but they also seem surprisingly fresh. The soft lambskin is also lovely, although its gray base color is questionable. A paler hue would have seen the blue panel stand out even more and made the purse seem less drab.
The James is a slender creature, as the most elegant of clutch purses often are, but Hype does its best to keep it serviceable. With a card slot and array of pockets you could leave your wallet behind and use the main compartment for more important things. The space also has a chain strap tucked away, but you can remove it completely if you'd prefer to minimize the clutter.
I'd ordinarily hesitate to spend close to $200 on a clutch but the James' versatile styling is tempting me. This is the sort of purse that would look just as fetching with jeans or an evening gown. If you can work it into your everyday wardrobe you're likely to see value here.
More Features of This Hype Art Deco Clutch
- Tonal topstitching
- Silver hardware
- Grosgrain lining
- Measures 7.5 x 13.5 x 1 inches
- Made in China
Get this Hype James Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Last Call by Neiman Marcus eBay store to see if this Hype bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Hype bags on BagBunch
- The Hype James cross-body bag, a great alternative to this clutch bag.
- Searching for more Hype bags on eBay