Hilary Radley brings a bit of glitz to your everyday with this modern Metric Bucket Tote.
This Metric is a great example of the reason I tend to shy away from metallic colors on large bags. On a clutch it'd provide just a pop of shine, but on such a large bag the metallic tone tends to appear gaudy and overwhelming. That tackiness is only amplified on a synthetic surface, as it appears a bit too glossy. I do like the canvas-like finish Hilary Radley has used, but even that's not enough to temper the pale silver hue.
While I like the look of the braided shoulder straps, I wonder why Hilary Radley chose to make them brown. I suppose the handles were intended to clash delightfully, but instead they just clash. It's an interesting take on color-blocking though, so perhaps fans of this retro treatment would approve.
I'm much more enthusiastic about the Metric on a practical level. The cotton blend lining is of great quality, and those trimmed pockets should stack up to daily punishment. I also really like the zippered rear pocket, which will sit against your body for extra security.
The Metric is a bit too brash for my tastes, but at $100 I can't deny that it's a bargain.
More Features of This Hilary Radley Bucket Tote
- Magnetic closure
- Dual straps with an 11 inch drop
- Measures 12 x 17 x 8 inches
- Made in China
Get this Hilary Radley Metric Handbag:
- Available to buy at Endless (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Luggage World Online eBay store to see if this Hilary Radley bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More bucket bags on BagBunch
- The Marc Jacobs The Small Parachute bag, a great alternative to this silver bucket bag.
- Searching for more Hilary Radley bags on eBay