Hermes is a fashion house that celebrates classic accessories, rather than releasing purses that play to current fashion trends. So rather than giving us something new, Hermes has reinvented its Evelyne style with the Evelyne III.
This time around Hermes has made its strap adjustable. It's a small change but a very convenient one which helps this messenger style purse convert from a shoulder bag to a cross-body. I like it on a practical level, but I feel its styling leaves a bit to be desired. The fabric makes it feel more casual than a bag with this price tag deserves. Using the same pebbled leather as the body would have made the Evelyne III feel that much more opulent.
I can't fault the quality of the craftsmanship, but I'm afraid the Evelyne isn't inspiring the envy of a Birkin or Kelly bag. I'm no more enthusiastic about the perforated H logo than I was the first time I saw it, and the brown color is a bit drab. I can imagine it'd look cute with jeans or riding garb, would it wouldn't turn heads.
And frankly, for a whopping $2625, I want to at least turn heads. This really seems to be a case of paying for the designer name, rather than the bag.
More Features of This Hermes Leather Cross-Body Bag
- Silver and palladium hardware
- An external pocket
- A leather tab closure
- Measures 11.25 x 12 x 2.5 inches
Get this Hermes Evelyne III Handbag:
- Available to buy at Hermes
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Italy Station eBay store to see if this Hermes bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Hermes bags on BagBunch
- The Hermes Wool Travel bag, a great alternative to this perforated logo bag.
- Searching for more Hermes bags on eBay