Guess' accessories have always been a bit hit and miss. Frankly if I'm honest, most fall on the miss side. But the label gets it right with the Port Grimaud Cross-Body bag.
The weathered fabric has won me over. It almost appears like a dark black denim, and it seems like it's just as tough. The cloth is a great choice for a budget label like Guess. When it plays with leatherlike materials, the results seem like poor imitations. By choosing a fabric that isn't trying to rise above its station, Guess has actually ended up with a richer looking bag.
Guess couldn't resist using its favorite leatherette on the zipper pull and trim though. Personally I think the glossy material is unnecessary; I'd rather see fabric piping in its place. However I concede the use of this plastic-like faux leather might please the label's loyal fans.
They'll also probably love the logo. Guess is never shy about branding its bags, and the Port Grimaud continues the trend. I've never been a fan of these obvious signatures, but I don't mind the print here. The rest of the bag is so uncomplicated that it actually creates interest rather than muddying the design.
I wouldn't say the Port Grimaud has converted me, but this practical cross-body reminds me I shouldn't judge a bag by its label!
More Features of This Guess Fabric Cross-Body Bag
- Top zip closure
- Rear zip pocket
- Fully lined interior
- A buckle-adjustable cross-body strap
- Measures 11 x 9.25 x 3.25 inches
Get this Guess Port Grimaud Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Brands Castle 1 eBay store to see if this Guess bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Guess bags on BagBunch
- The Guess Port Grimaud hobo bag, a great alternative to this cross-body bag.
- Searching for more Guess bags on eBay