Gucci creates a Boston bag for the traditionalists with the Joy.
Honestly I think this bag's a bit drab for one with such a cheerful name. Its tan signature printed coated canvas and chocolate leather trim are both conservative choices, and the shape is also predictable. Girls who love Gucci's rich heritage will probably lap up that nod to the past, but I'm longing for something a bit more exciting.
Even though the design is a bit boring, the Joy certainly does its job. It's spacious enough to suit daytime use as an office bag, carry-on case, or everyday handbag, and its subdued colors should easily work its way into any wardrobe. The single pocket has a big job to do, but this bag isn't so overwhelming that I want many more. I also wish the straps were a bit longer, but what they lack in practicality they make up for in refined style.
But unfortunately the Joy is on the expensive side at $950. That's a whole lot of cash for a purse predominantly made from canvas, no matter what prestigious name is attached.
More Features of This Gucci Signature Boston Bag
- Light golden Gucci embossed hardware
- Zip top closure
- Brown fabric lined interior
- Platform base
- Dual handles with a 4.5 inch drop
- Measures 13 x 9 x 7 inches
- Comes with a dust bag and Gucci booklet
- Made in Italy
Get this Gucci Joy Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the BondNY Luxury Accessories eBay store to see if this Gucci bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Gucci bags on BagBunch
- The Gucci Crystal GG tote bag, a great alternative to this Boston bag.
- Searching for more Gucci bags on eBay