Franchi has reinvented its Princess purse with the Princess II.
The original Princess was a clutch covered in glittering Swarovski crystals. The newest incarnation takes the form of a small hobo bag, which is every bit as elegant as its predecessor but a bit more practical. The Swarovski crystals have sadly been downgraded, but the black beads and clear rhinestones look just as stylish. Personally I prefer this fresher combination of gemstones, even if they don't have the same quality!
The Princess II retails for $265, which is only a shade less than the original clutch. That's disappointing in a way, because the jewels aren't as opulent. I expected the more affordable materials would net us a bigger discount. However we're also getting a little more bag for our dollar, and more practicality too, so perhaps it all evens out.
While the original Princess had a chic hard shell, this satiny revamp is soft and made for overstuffing. And unlike the clasp on the original, the zippered top shouldn't bust open when it's under pressure. The ropey chain shoulder strap is also more substantial than the ones we find on most evening purses.
There are definitely some improvements on this new Princess, but has Franchi done enough to tempt you to reinvest?
More Features of This Franchi Rhinestone Covered Hobo
- Silver toned hardware
- Satin lined interior
- Dual rope-chain shoulder straps with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 6 x 5 x 1 inches
Get this Franchi Princess II Handbag:
- Available to buy at Last Call by Neiman Marcus
- Check the Last Call by Neiman Marcus eBay store to see if this Franchi bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Franchi bags on BagBunch
- The Franchi Princess clutch bag, a great alternative to this hobo bag.
- Searching for more Franchi bags on eBay
- Other Franchi Princess purses on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.