I spend so much time looking at handbags that it takes something special to really turn my head. But I think
I've found it in the Ely shoulder bag from Chloe.
This isn't from the brand's affordable diffusion collection, but from its signature line. So it's not surprising that no expense has been spared. It's made from luxurious goatskin, one of the world's most covetable leathers. On the sides the natural grain is left unadorned, but on the front and back it's embellished with thin patent stripes. The contrast of black on black is subtle and sophisticated. In short, I love it. I'm not so enthusiastic about the handles, which look a little chunky with their bold gold-tone attachments, but at least they're long enough for comfortable over-the-shoulder carrying.
That's a very good thing, as such a large bag will inevitable become heavy once it's loaded up. We should be able to take advantage of all that storage space, but the single zippered pocket makes me hesitate. With this lone compartment to keep smaller items organized, I imagine this bag will become cluttered if used as an everyday accessory.
And that's the real shame, because at $2055, you'd want to show it off at every occasion. Few fashionistas will spend that sort of money on something that will sit in the closet, no matter how pretty it is.
More Features of This Chloe Goatskin Bag
- Two-way zip closure
- Cotton lined interior
- Dual 20 inch leather handles with an 8 inch drop
- Measures 13 x 10 x 8 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Chloe Ely Handbag:
- Available to buy at Bluefly (limited stock)
- Check the Andy's Lifestyle Bargains eBay store to see if this Chloe bag in orange is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Chloe bags on BagBunch
- The Anya Hindmarch Belvedere bag, a great alternative to this black striped bag.
- Searching for more Chloe bags on eBay
- Other goatskin bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.