Marilyn Monroe remains one of the world's most enduring stars. Almost 50 years after her death she's still emulated and adored by celebrities and fashion followers alike. No doubt Carlo Fellini will hope the clutch he's created in her name is every bit as timeless.
He's certainly begun barking up the right tree. Its soft satiny body is classic, but tiny angular pleats give the finish a fresh modern feel. The voluminous body is matched by an intricately engraved frame. Frames are so often seen as functional features alone, so I'm thrilled to see Fellini decorating the metal surface.
Sadly though only the front of the frame gets the treatment. This is the kind of corner cutting we're used to at this price point, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. The purse is also a bit smaller than you might expect, so don't be surprised if even carrying the essentials is a squeeze.
It is hard to be too critical for $48 though, especially when it comes in a whopping eight shades. There's probably one to suit every favorite evening outfit, but I think the champagne color called bisque is the pick of them. It's not as gaudy as gold, but it's got a similar metallic luster. Do you think the real Marilyn would have approved?
More Features of This Carlo Fellini Satin Clutch
- Kiss lock closure with encrusted rhinestones
- Satin fabric lined interior
- An interior slide pocket
- A chain strap with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 2.5 x 8 x 5 inches
Get this Carlo Fellini Marilyn Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Carlo Fellini bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Carlo Fellini bags on BagBunch
- The Carlo Fellini Monica bag, a great alternative to this pleated bag.
- Searching for more Carlo Fellini bags on eBay
- Other pleated satin clutch bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.