Carla Mancini takes the hobo back to its bohemian roots with this Amelia bag.
The casual slouch and long tassel accent give the Amelia its new age feel, but it's not as rustic as many hobo bags tend to be. The cobalt blue leather is very elegant, and the trapezoidal shape gives the Amelia a bit more structure than the average. That makes the Amelia very versatile, the kind of bag that could easily take you from brunch with the girls through to an evening dinner date.
It's got some familiar elements, but the Amelia isn't just another hobo bag. The whipstitching across the top is stunning, and the ultra soft leather strap just begs to be held.
The Amelia is useful too, with zippered and open pockets inside and out, and the right amount of storage space. But I feel we're missing out on those little extras I expect at this price point. The pockets aren't leather trimmed, so they will likely show signs of wear quickly. And Carla Mancini puts the leather at risk by failing to include metal feet on the base.
Those omissions mean the Amelia is probably priced at bit high at $375, but it's so lovely looking that I'm still tempted!
More Features of This Carla Mancini Leather Hobo
- Magnetic snap closure
- Faille lined interior
- A single shoulder strap with a 10 inch drop
- Measures 11.5 x 12.5 x 4.5 inches
- Made in the United States
- Also available in black, ivory, orange, turquoise, and yellow
Get this Carla Mancini Amelia Handbag:
You may also be interested in:
- More Carla Mancini bags on BagBunch
- The Botkier Ava hobo bag, a great alternative to this classic hobo bag.
- Searching for more Carla Mancini bags on eBay
- Other blue leather hobo bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.