Botkier's inspired my heart to skip a few beats with this Sebastian hobo.
The sumptuous origami folded finish offers a unique alternative to a traditional weave. The surface reminds me a little of large reptilian scales, or perhaps roof shingles. It's so beautiful, so I'm glad Botkier's allowed it to stand alone. The Sebastian has a simple shape and no other accents so we can really appreciate the way the cowhide's been manipulated.
I'd buy anything that looked this beautiful, but I'm glad to see Botkier doesn't rest on its laurels. The Sebastian is spacious and well appointed with an array of zip and slip pockets. Its ordinary handle is too short for easy carrying when the hobo is full, but we also get a longer shoulder strap. I'd prefer the handle was removable for a cleaner hands-free look, but this is a minor quibble.
This gunmetal cowhide version is the standout for me. It's not as glitzy as silver, but it's got a bit more sass than basic black. It's available in that color too if you prefer. I'd stick with the lambskin one though, as the patent is too stiff to really pull off the folds.
Considering its intricate finish, I think the Sebastian is surprisingly affordable at $695. That's no bargain, but it's still reasonable for a bag that looks this good.
More Features of This Botkier Origami Folded Hobo
- A slip pocket on the back
- Magnetic closure
- Logo print lined interior
- A single handle with a 4.5 inch drop
- A detachable shoulder strap with a 9 inch drop
- Measures 15 x 9 x 5.5 inches
Get this Botkier Sebastian Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock in black lambskin)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Shop Savoy Truffle eBay store to see if this Botkier bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Botkier bags on BagBunch
- The Devi Kroell Origami Eel bag, a great alternative to this origami folded bag.
- Searching for more Botkier bags on eBay