Big Buddha gets ready for summer with this nautical themed Sailor tote.
All of the classic maritime trademarks are there ... almost. The canvas body is made for withstanding salty sea air and the braided rope handles look like they've been stolen from the riggings of a high class yacht. And then there are the colors, disappointing drab and boring shades which make me want to snooze.
I just can't follow Big Buddha's reasoning here. Where are the navy blues, the bright reds, or the crisp white shades that typically make us think of fun on the high seas? And if we weren't going to see those, why the dull tan, gray, and olive green hues Big Buddha's chosen? When black is the most interesting color choice for a summery bag you know you've got problems.
I'm a bit more enthusiastic about the interior, with its tough polyester lining and generous dimensions. The Sailor's unstructured shape will make it difficult to find just what you're looking for, but if you keep your essentials in the pockets you needn't do too much scrounging.
More conservative fashionistas may appreciate Big Buddha's subtle color choices here but I think they let down a bag with the potential to make a great nautical statement. At least it's affordable though at $89.95.
More Features of This Big Buddha Canvas Tote
- Magnetic closure
- Dual rope handles with an 11 inch drop
- Measures 11 x 15.5 x 6 inches
- Made in China
Get this Big Buddha Sailor Handbag:
- Available to buy at Endless
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Shop Savoy Truffle eBay store to see if this Big Buddha bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Big Buddha bags on BagBunch
- The Straw Studios Gayle shoulder bag, a great alternative to this nautical bag.
- Searching for more Big Buddha bags on eBay