Big Buddha takes its cues from Miu Miu with this Pearl hobo.
The Pearl's chevron stitching mimics Miu Miu's iconic Matelasse finish. I wouldn't say that it's a carbon copy, but it's definitely derivative. It doesn't have the same attention to detail, and as it's decorating synthetic it doesn't look quite as plush. However it still offers a great alternative for girls on a budget.
The stitching looks so lovely that I wonder why Big Buddha's used such large panels near the handles. These oversized patches really look out of place to my eye. More restraint would have seen the Pearl looking much more stylish.
If you prefer a more original look, don't worry. You just need to turn the hobo inside out! This hobo is completely reversible, so you can choose to show the stitching or a very glitzy gold skin. To make the conversion easier, Big Buddha's made all the handles detachable. This also allows us to enjoy a much cleaner look if we're using the detachable cross-body bag.
The detachable purse is another clever bonus. The pouch purse is pretty plain, so I wouldn't suggest using it as a clutch, but it's a handy place for stashing money or cosmetics.
It might not be the most original bag on the market, but it's also very affordable. $89.95 rarely buys us a bag with so many functional features!
More Features of This Big Buddha Reversible Hobo
- Magnetic closure
- An interior wall zip pocket
- Dual handles with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 9 x 12 x 10 inches
- Also available in pewter
Get this Big Buddha Pearl Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock in red)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the eBags eBay store to see if this Big Buddha bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Big Buddha bags on BagBunch
- The Big Buddha Layla clutch bag, a great alternative to this quilted bag.
- Searching for more Big Buddha bags on eBay