Fashion matriarch Coco Chanel once told us to always take one thing off before we leave the house. This sound tip has saved many a girl from looking overdone when they stepped out. It's a shame that Big Buddha didn't take this sage advice when it created the London.
The London is a bag I like a lot. Its triangular quilting makes its high quality red synthetic seem a bit more luxurious. Its flap front and turnlock closure make more than a passing nod to Mulberry's Bayswater bag, but that's not entirely a bad thing. I love the way this golden clasp complements the chain straps.
But then there are those studs. They're delicate and demure, and again they complement the metal we've seen before. But with this one element the London goes from classy satchel to over-designed accessory.
While I'm expressing my reservations, I'm also not sure about the unusual placement of those handles. They're bound to get in the way when you're accessing the main compartment. I think in its efforts to be quirky, Big Buddha's forgotten about the functionality that comes when you stick to a tried and true approach.
It's a shame that just a few elements let down what could have been a really solid satchel. Some girls might figure close to perfect is good enough when we're paying less than $100, but personally I just wish things were done better.
More Features of This Big Buddha Quilted Satchel
- Zip closure underneath the flap
- Two open pockets and a zip pocket inside
- Dual handles with a 9.5 inch drop
- Measures 15 x 10 x 4 inches
Get this Big Buddha London Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Boutique de Antiqua eBay store to see if this Big Buddha bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Big Buddha bags on BagBunch
- The Big Buddha Bristol bag, a great alternative to this turnlock bag.
- Searching for more Big Buddha bags on eBay