Its name makes it sound like a paper bag, but Balenciaga's Papier A5 tote is a much more luxurious creature.
The Papier A5 has a much more uptown feel than many of Balenciaga's bags. The label's typical hardware heavy approach is pared back a bit, and that more minimalist design allows the brown calfskin to shine. It's still unmistakably a Balenciaga bag though; the decorative studs and tassels see to that. But it's a much more conservative interpretation of the label's classic style, and thus a more versatile handbag.
There are some really nice features inside, including the leather bound cosmetics mirror and removable base liner. I also really appreciate all the space we're given, and the generously sized patch pockets. But the lack of lining is really disappointing at this price point, as is the lack of closure.
I like the Papier A5 a lot, but its omissions are just a bit glaring for me to ever consider spending $1445 on it. Luxury touches are all well and good, but they shouldn't come at the expense of the basics.
More Features of This Balenciaga Leather Tote
- Small zip pocket on front
- Dual handles with a 5 inch drop
- Measures 11 x 11 x 5.25 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Balenciaga Papier A5 Handbag:
- Available to buy at Bluefly
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the BondNY Luxury Accessories eBay store to see if this Balenciaga bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Balenciaga bags on BagBunch
- The Balenciaga Tube Tote bag, a great alternative to this tote bag.
- Searching for more Balenciaga bags on eBay