You know what they say about being careful what you wish for. After bemoaning so many samey bags from Balenciaga, I should be thrilled the label’s stepped out of the box with this Alphabet Bag. Instead I’m longing for its old creative vision.
This is a real departure for the brand which typically delivers casual cool urban accessories. It’s colorful and whimsical, and also kind of confusing. Multicolored alphabet letters pop against their black suede background. Red leather extends down from the handles to create a thick triangle over the top of the ransom note style cut outs. I suppose it’s intended to look modern and edgy, but I can’t help thinking I could have knocked this up with a plain black tote and some glue.
It seems Balenciaga has focused all its attention on that busy exterior, because inside this shoulder bag is sorely lacking. There’s space to spare, but with only a single zip pocket clutter is bound to build up. The leather framed hand mirror is a nice touch, but I’d give it up for a simple closure. The security of my cargo is much more important to me than reapplying my lipstick.
Strip away the busy lettering and this is a very simple shoulder bag, so I’m offended that Balenciaga has priced it at more than $1700. Offended, but not entirely surprised.
More Features of This Balenciaga Black Suede Shoulder Bag
- Silver toned lining
- Dual top handles with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 17 x 15 x 10 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Balenciaga Alphabet Handbag:
- Available to buy at My Theresa
- Check the Carry Me Please eBay store to see if this Balenciaga bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Balenciaga bags on BagBunch
- The natural Balenciaga Alphabet bag, a great alternative to this black bag.
- Searching for more Balenciaga bags on eBay
- Other alphabet bags on eBay:
[phpbay]Alphabet, 2, 63852, “”[/phpbay]