B. Makowsky's ditched his usual leather for fabric to create this casual Ollie satchel.
While soft materials are often regarded as leather's poor cousins, I don't feel shortchanged by the fabric. Its weathered finish reminds me of denim, and it shares the same casual appeal. The material takes focus in what's otherwise a fairly safe design. B. Makowsky's usually so trend focused, so it's refreshing to see him create a bag that's made to serve.
There's a quartet of pockets up front, and a handy phone pocket on the back. I really like this, because we should feel our cell vibrating against our body even if we don't hear it ring. The interior is every bit as smart, with a zippered envelope dividing the main compartment into three easy to manage sections.
I respect B. Makowsky's decision to use fabric rather than a more luxurious leather, but I'm disappointed he hasn't passed any of the savings on to us. At $228, this satchel costs roughly the same price as B. Makowsky's leather bags. While I love the bag, it should be about half the price. Before indulging I'd wait for a sale!
More Features of This B. Makowsky Fabric Hobo
- Silver-toned hardware
- A key clip inside
- Hidden magnetic closure
- Leopard print lining
- A single strap with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 14 x 12 x 5 inches
- Comes with a dust bag
- Made in China
Get this B. Makowsky Ollie Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the My 2 Angels eBay store to see if this B. Makowsky bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More B. Makowsky bags on BagBunch
- The B. Makowsky Ollie satchel bag, a great alternative to this hobo bag.
- Searching for more B. Makowsky bags on eBay