Alexis Hudson shows us what happens when you add too many elements to a clutch purse with the Adelaide.
There's a lot to like here, but when it's mixed up with so many other features it's hard to appreciate them. The gleaming golden buckles are really lovely. I like the way they make this purse feel like a glammed up mini messenger bag. But the pink snakeskin finish takes this purse from glam to gaudy. It's just too much; too much pink and too much mottling. The raised leather petals are interesting but also not entirely successful. I guess they're vaguely serpentine, but they just further muddy an already cluttered exterior.
The Adelaide is a good sized clutch, but I'm not sure Alexis Hudson has done enough with the space. A mirror underneath the flap is a convenient addition, but a zippered pocket would have made more sense than the open one provided. I also think this clutch is a little large to be without a shoulder strap.
Perhaps the use of high quality leather helps to justify its $450 price tag, but this doesn't look like a high quality clutch and it doesn't really behave like one. Leather or no, I can't see value here.
More Features of This Alexis Hudson Buckle Clutch
- Made from Italian leather
- Magnetic snap closure
- Brushed gold-toned hardware
- Measures 10 x 7 x 2.5 inches
Get this Alexis Hudson Adelaide Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Check the Terris Heavenly Handbags and Things eBay store to see if this Alexis Hudson bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
You may also be interested in:
- More Alexis Hudson bags on BagBunch
- The Alexis Hudson Isis clutch bag, a great alternative to this snake print bag.
- Searching for more Alexis Hudson bags on eBay
- Other Alexis Hudson snake bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.