Once upon a time we could spot a Vera Bradley purse at ten paces. However in recent collections we've seen the American label experimenting. I've celebrated these more fashion forward creations, but with this Tippy Tie bag from the Frill collection I wonder whether the designer's gone too far.
I think the biggest mistake here is the use of synthetic. The gathering around the top of the purse only emphasizes the material's stiffness. The finish is so shiny that it looks cheap. I don't mind the print, but I'd much rather see it on another fabric. We wouldn't expect real leather from Vera Bradley, as the designer's made her reputation on affordable accessories. But I wonder why she's abandoned her iconic quilted cloth. In that material this bag would look lovely!
The design itself isn't bad. The large bow at the strap gives this purse some feminine flair, and the elasticized top stretches for easy access. I can see potential here, but that synthetic has to go.
At least it's cheap, right? At $22.95 this is one of the most affordable handbags I've seen in some time. It's just a shame it doesn't have more class.
More Features of This Vera Bradley Frill Bag
- Magnetic closure
- A knotted handle with a 3 inch drop
- Measures 7 x 5.5 x 3.75 inches
Get this Vera Bradley Tippy Tie Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check Thecrateonline eBay store to see if this Vera Bradley bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
|VERA BRADLEY SITTIN IN A TREE TIPPY TIE RETIRED AND RARE NWTS
Auction Ends: 25d 12h 3m
Make it yours...
You may also be interested in:
- More Vera Bradley bags on BagBunch
- The Vera Bradley Comin' Up Roses bag, a great alternative to this poppy print bag.
- Searching for more Vera Bradley bags on eBay