Sonia Rykiel keeps the studded trend alive with this Domino satchel.
She doesn't do things by halves here. This simply shaped satchel is covered in hundreds of large and small brass studs. I really like the way the accents pop against the tan lambskin, but I'm still feeling a bit underwhelmed. The various sizes of studs are interesting, but their enthusiastic application seems lazy. Perhaps Rykiel thinks we'll be so dazzled by the studs we won't notice the Domino’s design is only half baked.
Its interior is serviceable but similarly uninspiring. Its cotton lining is nice enough, and its trio of pockets just what we'd expect to find. It'll do the job, but you'll hardly feel as pampered as you should when you're spending $1185.
Sonia Rykiel had a great base here. The Domino's soft lambskin is utterly gorgeous, so it really deserves to be the focus. Instead Rykiel's opted to follow fashion trends, and those that are bound to be on the way out, rather than creating something timeless. Despite its promise, the Domino will disappoint all but the biggest studs fan.
More Features of This Sonia Rykiel Studded Satchel
- Magnetic closure
- Dual handles with an 8.27 inch drop
- Measures 15.35 x 9.84 x 3.54 inches
Get this Coach Patchwork Handbag:
- Available to buy at Forzieri
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Sonia Rykiel bags on BagBunch
- The Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Studded Bowler bag, a great alternative to this studded bag.
- Searching for more Sonia Rykiel bags on eBay