Pilar Abril delivers an everyday satchel with a bit of attitude with the Selene.
The rust-colored synthetic is dressed up with a snakeskin print. The shine means most discerning fashionistas would never mistake this skin for the real thing, but it is pretty discolicious. If you view it as simply an interesting texture rather than a snake substitute, it's easier to swallow.
The use of matte synthetic around the handles is a bit strange to me. While the colors are complementary, the difference between the finishes is a bit jarring. I do like the exposed zip which encircles this patch though; it gives the Selene just a hint of edge.
The Selene is one of those bags designed for everyday use rather than occasional wear. It's roomy enough to stash everything you need and a few extras, and its pockets should keep those items organized. These are trimmed in more of that synthetic to help them hold up to everyday use. I imagine the Selene could get heavy when filled to capacity, but Pilar Abril does offer a longer cross-body strap to help us out.
For me the biggest sticking point is the price. At $186 it's certainly not exorbitant, but it's at that point where I start expecting leather. This satchel will certainly do the job, but I'm still not sure I see value.
More Features of This Pilar Abril Synthetic Satchel
- Zip top closure
- Logo print lining
- Dual handles with an 8 inch drop
- Measures 11 x 15 x 5.75 inches
- Made in China
Get this Pilar Abril Selene Handbag:
- Available to buy at Endless (limited stock)
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the CSN Stores eBay store to see if this Pilar Abril bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Pilar Abril bags on BagBunch
- The Hype Helen doctor satchel bag, a great alternative to this snakeprint bag.
- Searching for more Pilar Abril bags on eBay