Marc Jacobs' playful personality is on show with this Petal to the Metal shoulder bag.
Such a saccharine purse won't appeal to everyone, but I love its sugary pink leather. The golden bird buckle is perhaps a step too far, but it really suits this purse's whimsical design. The hue and details are polarizing, but the very best fashion always takes risks.
I think those gambles pay off because they're anchored by such quality. The leather is first class, and the design practical. It's fairly small but that's not unusual for a cross-body purse. While storage space is limited, those petite dimensions make carrying much more comfortable than a bulkier design. That vivid pink is also much easier to stomach on a smaller canvas.
The Petal to the Metal is a bag made for girls who've never completely grown up. I can't imagine it becoming the everyday accessory of any adult, but for $246 it's cheap enough to indulge in anyway. For that price it'll happily sit in our wardrobes, just waiting for those times our moods need lifting!
More Features of This Marc by Marc Jacobs Pouch Cross-Body Purse
- Pale gold hardware
- Magnetic closure at flap
- A single exterior zip pocket
- Printed fabric lining
- An adjustable shoulder strap with a 23 inch drop
- Measures 5.5 x 8 inches
Get this Marc by Marc Jacobs Petal to the Metal Handbag:
- Available to buy at FarFetch
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Shfarns eBay store to see if this Marc Jacobs bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Marc Jacobs bags on BagBunch
- The Marc Jacobs Natasha bag, a great alternative to this bird decorated bag.
- Searching for more Marc Jacobs bags on eBay