Lauren Merkin knows how to impress on the red carpet, but I've never really warmed to her day bags. Perhaps it's just because she set the bar so extraordinarily high, but in comparison to those covetable clutches bags like the Sylvie just seem a little flat.
Of course a hobo like the Sylvie is difficult to really fault. I just wish it sparkled a little more. But a classic design philosophy isn't altogether a bad thing. With its conservatively colored buffalo leather and clean lines, the Sylvie wouldn't look out of place at a smart dinner or board meeting.
It is really well designed too, with the right amount of space and pockets inside and out to organize all your small essentials. The strap also offers us a few carrying options; when clipped to the lower D-rings the Sylvia works as a shoulder bag, but you can convert it to a cross-body by attaching the strap to the higher rings.
The Sylvie isn't the kind of bag that we've come to expect from Lauren Merkin, but we shouldn't dismiss it just because it doesn't have obvious star quality. It might blend into the background, but it will serve you well in almost any situation.
More Features of This Lauren Merkin Buffalo Hobo
- Zip top closure
- Navy cotton twill lining
- A single strap with a 15.5 inch drop when shortened and 20.5 inch drop when lengthened
- Measures 14 x 13 x 3 inches
- Made in the United States of America
- Available in black and burgundy
Get this Lauren Merkin Sylvie Handbag:
You may also be interested in:
- More Lauren Merkin bags on BagBunch
- The Lauren Merkin Phoebe bag, a great alternative to this hobo bag.
- Searching for more Lauren Merkin bags on eBay
- Other buffalo leather bags on eBay:
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.