Tiny cosmetics purses are OK when you need to take your lipstick and powder to a club, but they're useless if you're planning on stepping out for more than a few hours. That's when something like the Sant Elmo Colin bag from Kate Spade comes into its own.
While it's too unwieldy for daily use, it's ideal for taking on those business trips or extended holiday getaways. It's generously sized, with another smaller case hidden away inside. The large case has two zippered pockets hidden underneath the lid and one in the side wall for holding jewelry and other small items.
The Sant Elmo Colin's silk faille fabric may have been more luxurious without its PVC coating, but it wouldn't have been so practical. This clear covering ensures that any lipstick smears or lotion spills simply wipe away with a damp cloth.
Practicality aside, the colored stripes that adorn this Sant Elmo Stripe are incredibly cute. And for me, that's what really sells this Kate Spade travel set. Practical perks are well and good, but unless there's looks to back it up it's hard to convince anyone to spend up.
$125 is probably too much to pay for a cosmetics bag, but when we get two as we do here it's a tempting proposition.
More Features of This Kate Spade Striped Cosmetics Bag
- Double zip around closure
- 14-karat gold plated hardware
- A wide top handle
- Large case measures 5.5 x 10 x 7 inches
- Small case measures 10 x 3 x 2.75 inches
Get this Kate Spade Sant Elmo Colin Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Elle's Designer Accessories eBay store to see if this Coach Patchwork bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Kate Spade bags on BagBunch
- The yellow striped Kate Spade Sant Elmo Colin bag, a great alternative to this colorful bag.
- Searching for more Kate Spade bags on eBay