Few designers divide opinion on BagBunch as much as Judith Leiber. Her minaudieres are extravagant, luxurious, quirky, and often downright ridiculous. But I think she may have hit on a winner with the Chatelaine.
There's nothing subtle about this leopard printed, crystal encrusted purse, but nor should this be. No one carries Judith Leiber if they want to fade into the background, and no one spends $3695 on a purse if they don't want it noticed.
Having said all that, this Chatelaine purse could have appeared so much more ostentatious. I appreciate that Judith Leiber has opted for pastel gemstones to temper the leopard spots. And the restraint of that unadorned golden clasp makes me swoon.
It goes without saying that this isn't the purse to carry unless you're traveling light. It's small, and its hard case means overstuffing is out of the question. That clasp will simply pop open if you ever try to sneak a few extra items inside. The chain strap gives a hint of functionality, but this really isn't a practical purse.
The best part of a fancy evening out though is that you don't have to be practical. So grab this purse and those painfully uncomfortably Christian Louboutin heels and prepare to dazzle!
More Features of This Judith Leiber Animal Print Minaudiere
- Gold-toned hardware
- A tuck-away chains trap with an 8 inch drop
- Measures 5 x 5.25 x 1.5 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Judith Leiber Chatelaine Handbag:
- Available to buy at Last Call
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Laxury Closet eBay store to see if this Judith Leiber bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Judith Leiber bags on BagBunch
- The Judith Leiber Leopard Print crystal clutch bag, a great alternative to this animal print bag.
- Searching for more Judith Leiber bags on eBay