Jimmy Choo lets its materials speak for themselves with this Rhea shopper.
Jimmy Choo has given this sand-colored calfskin a lift with gentle lizard skin embossing. This is one of my favorite reptilian finishes, as it's much more subtle than the more lauded crocodile and snakeskin. To that end, I wish Jimmy Choo had chosen a stronger color for the leather. In such a wishy-washy shade, this Rhea tends to fade into the background. However, this pale hue will fit right in with the nudes so popular right now.
The Rhea's design is a bit confusing to me. It seems so structured, but then there's the drawstring top which seems to rebel against that. You'll need to tie it loose to avoid awkward bunching, but that seems to defeat the drawstring's purpose. At least with a zipper hidden beneath it security isn't an issue.
The interior is much more attractive to me, with its sumptuous suede lining and many features. There's a zippered pocket and pair of open pouches for gadgets, and a loop for holding your keys. It's not an overly large bag, but it should have enough space to carry everything you really need.
I don't think Jimmy Choo's done enough to warrant the $1095 it's asking for the Rhea, but its timeless style might help to justify the cost if you've fallen for it.
More Features of This Jimmy Choo Lizard Embossed Shopper
- Flip lock tab closure
- Protective metal feet
- Dual handles with an 8.25 inch drop
- Measures 12 x 8.5 x 5.75 inches
- Made in Italy
Get this Jimmy Choo Rhea Handbag:
- Available to buy at Nordstrom
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Cdn619mpn924 eBay store to see if this Jimmy Choo bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Jimmy Choo bags on BagBunch
- The Jimmy Choo Rosalie bag, a great alternative to this beige bag.
- Searching for more Jimmy Choo bags on eBay