Jeffrey Campbell serves up a pop of 80s with this Abbate Bag.
This purse takes me right back to my childhood with its fanny pack style and lurid neon pink hue. The patent leather finish is probably far too bright to please anyone who isn't of my vintage, but the nostalgia factor should win it a few fans.
And I've got to say, I'm amongst them. Its small dimensions help it get away with its shamelessly retro appeal. Its practical design doesn't hurt any either. This purse is small but expandable, with an adjustable waist belt for maximum comfort. While we don't have a lot of storage space the interior zip pocket ensures we can keep what cargo we do have organized.
While the belt is a good gimmick, I wish it wasn't our only carrying option. If the belt were detachable we could have used it as a clutch, or even attached a wrist strap. The belt is probably what dates this purse the most, so it's unfortunate that we're stuck with it.
I'm not convinced that the Abbate will inspire a fanny pack resurgence, but at $122 it's an affordable way to remember the 80s. And it won't look quite as dated as your legwarmers or Hypercolor T-shirts!
More Features of This Jeffrey Campbell Neon Fanny Pack
- Magnetic snap closure
- Measures 6 x 5.5 x 3.5 inches
Get this Jeffrey Campbell Abbate Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Karmaloop eBay store to see if this Jeffrey Campbell bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More neon bags on BagBunch
- The yellow Jeffrey Campbell Abbate bag, a great alternative to this pink bag.
- Searching for more Jeffrey Campbell on eBay