Inge Christopher shows us that a minaudiere doesn't have to be covered in crystals to attract attention with its Donatella purse.
The Donatella isn't as showy as many minaudieres, but that doesn't make it any less striking. This midnight shade is so dark that it's almost black, a color that makes the lizard embossed skin seem dangerous and dramatic. There's also a petrol tone, but sadly it doesn't have the rainbow undertones its name suggests. If you're after basic black though, you'll be glad for the option.
I love the Donatella's clean looks, but I find its features sadly lacking. We never expect a lot of space from structured purses like this, but that doesn't make its limitations any less disappointing. It's essentials only when you're carrying this baby.
But I'm even more disappointed with the chain strap, which is too short to really be of use. It can't comfortably fit over your shoulder, so you're left dangling it awkwardly over your arm. I wouldn't want to use it, but as it's not detachable the only alternative is to leave it cluttering the already small interior.
The Donatella is a welcome alternative to the more ostentatious minaudieres on the market, but I'm not sure I can overlook those niggles for $150. Can you?
More Features of This Inge Christopher Lizard Embossed Minaudiere
- Made of leather
- Clasp closure
- Black satin lining
- A chain strap with a 7 inch drop
- Measures 2.4 x 3.5 x 7.3 inches
Get this Inge Christopher Donatella Handbag:
- Available to buy at Amazon
- Available to buy on eBay (see listings below):
- Check the Buy's Internet Superstore eBay store to see if this Inge Christopher bag is in stock
- Search online for this bag
Sorry we couldn't find anything like this on eBay. Try our Bag Search Engine.
You may also be interested in:
- More Inge Christopher bags on BagBunch
- The Inge Christopher Donatella Honey clutch bag, a great alternative to this minaudiere bag.
- Searching for more Inge Christopher bags on eBay